Monday, August 27, 2007

The county fair came to Arlington last week, so we decided to venture out for some fun. It was the first fair for Rebecca, Logan, and Aaron, but old hat for Paul. Logan liked the ride where he sat in a car.
Logan was absolutely terrified to ride the carrousel. It took all of Rebecca's soothing influence to keep him from bolting. He looked stressed and nervous for the whole ride. When it was over, he hopped off gladly, then looked back and wanted to ride it again. Go figure.
As you can tell, once again Logan got into my makeup. This time, it was the lipstick he got his hands on. He'll need to work on his aim. None of it ever touched his lips.

As for the eye patch, I took Logan to an ophthalmologist this week. We had noticed Logan's right eye wandering regularly and decided to check it out. It turns out Logan has Amblyopia, or Lazy Eye. Occasionally his right eye stops working because it doesn't see as well as his left eye. To correct the problem we need to patch up the good eye. This forces him to use the bad eye. He will also need glasses, which he will start wearing sometime this week. Wish me luck keeping glasses on my active toddler. My guess is that we're going to end up spending a small fortune on replacement glasses. :-)

Here's our smiler in action.

Aaron started solids this week. He loved the rice cereal, so it was an easy transition. He also loves to smear it all over his face and hands. Logan wanted to eat the rice cereal too. I let him have a taste, which he promptly gagged on and ran to spit it out in the garbage can. Apparently it wasn't as big of a hit for Logan as it was for Aaron.
Look how great Paul is with the kids. They absolutely love him. What a fantastic husband and father! He is doing well and is enjoying his work as a dentist.

6 comments:

wurstens5 said...

Cute family. So fun to see what you are up to.

Rochelle said...

Oh man... good luck with glasses on your little guy! I can't even imagine! Your boys look so grown up! Where did the time go? I miss you!

Sarajane said...

what darling boys. yeah for liking the rice cereal, I couldn't ever get Julia to eat any baby food. My doctor said give her something with more taste to it so I gave her some curry chicken, she loved it and pickles and anything with a lot of flavour to it. They know what they like.

Havilah said...

Hey! Long time no see! I can't believe you have two kids!! It's been way too long. :)

Andrea said...

Rebecca, Paul, how are you guys? I just stumbled upon your blog and loved it. Good luck with the glasses. The only advice I can give you is to pay the extra for the warranty! Misty adivsed me to do this and Morgan should be getting a new pair of frames in October-only 10 months after the initial purchase, and that's only because I've been putting it off.
Miss you guys. The Whitemarshs

Rochelle said...

I want to see pictures of the little glasses buddy! :) And I read that you might make a trip back here... come stay with us! Have you had any bites on your house? I haven't driven over there in a while.