Thursday, June 26, 2008

A Traumatic Week



Our sweet Aaron gave us quite a scare this week. When I went to check in on him at the end of naptime on Tuesday, I found him having trouble breathing and completely limp. He couldn't even support his own head or lift a single finger. Needless to say, I was absolutely freaked out! I called 911 and told them the situation and they sent an ambulance over immediately. A minute before the ambulance arrived, my visiting teachers arrived for their scheduled appointment that I had forgotten about in my panic. On finding me frantic about Aaron, they quickly offered a prayer, and told me they would watch Logan while I took Aaron to the hospital. It was my own miracle having them there when I needed help so badly! So the ambulance arrived and whisked us off to the children's hospital in DC, sirens blaring. At this point, Aaron was completely out of it and wasn't aware of anything around him. When we arrived at the hospital, there was a room full of emergency staff ready to take care of him. It turns out he had a seizure due to a high fever, and we have had to watch him carefully to be sure it doesn't happen again. They think he has a viral infection that caused the fever, but we are still waiting for the results of some of the tests. He is doing better now, but keep our little guy in your prayers.

10 comments:

AZ SMITHS said...

How Scary! I'm glad everything is alright! We'll definetly keep him in our prayers!

soybeanlover said...

Ohh goodness!!! We'll definitely pray for him! Glad he's back at home, and your visiting teachers we're there!

Rochelle said...

I've been thinking about you ever since I read this post for the first time. You poor thing! That's something no mother should have to go through. My youngest brother had seizures when he was little and they are so scary. I hope it was just a fluke and you don't have to deal with it very much. Poor little guy. He's still as cute as ever!

Kristel said...

So sad and scary...I'm sorry you had to go thru that! hope everything turns out ok.

Amy said...

I'm so sad to hear that. I hope he's doing better. I had that happen to me once when I was babysitting and it was such a scary experience. We'll keep him in our prayers. Good luck with everything.

wurstens5 said...

Glad he is ok, and that you had help. I hope he is feeling better.

Cynthia Lyn said...

WOW! That is really scary. I'm glad he is better now. Home and visting teaher can really be a blessing. Sounds like a miracle to me.

Scanlon Family said...

How scary-I know everyone has said it, but it's terrifying to see you child in that kind of situation. We've had to take Allie to the ER several times because she gets croup so bad she can't breath anymore. I hope it all goes well and we will pray for him and your family.

Aaron and Carissa said...

Wow, How scary! I'm so glad that he's doing better now. By the way, Happy Birthday.

Unknown said...

That is so scary, I am glad he is okay. I hope he feels better soon! We will pray for your little guy.