Sunday, September 30, 2007

My Projects

I did it! I actually did it! I finished my projects! These projects have been in the works for YEARS.
I made this quilt for Logan's bed. Logan had been sleeping in a hodge podge of bed coverings.
His original sleeping arrangement?...
Comforter with blue zebra stripes
Pink rosebud sheets
Snowflake print pillowcase.
It was rather comical to see those patterns together like that, not that he minded in the least. But his MOTHER minded. So I did something about it. I have to say I am very proud.

I have been working on these stockings for years. I think I started the one on the right before Logan was born, and the one on the left before Aaron was born. Needless to say, we're buying the remainder of our Christmas stockings.

Thanks to everyone who donated jeans for the quilt below. I think it turned out rather well, but you'll have to look at it up close to really do it justice. I used all sorts of jean parts in it. I am excited to use it as a picnic blanket for the great outdoors.

So that's it for my episode of Shameless Showoff. Next week should be about the boys again. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

I am SO impressed, Rebecca. They all turned out so well. Good job for finishing! :)

wurstens5 said...

Very cute. Wish I was as talented.

Ellingsons said...

Hey, I'm so glad you found our blog! I have loved reading and seeing what you guys are up to. You all look so great and those two little boys of yours are as cute and smiley as can be. I shouldn't have expected anything less. :)

PamNoyes said...

Look at you go girl! Those projects are so cute...you are an inspiration..maybe I will get out the quilt I was making for Tenna's first birthday and finish it! I love it, what lucky boys you have with such a crafty mom!

Sarajane said...

I love the quilt for Logan's bed. I need to learn how to do these things.

Larson Love said...

Rebecca,
I am way impressed! Isn't it the best feeling when you stitch the final stitch of a quilt? Congrats!
Gina

Unknown said...

That is so great! I would love to make quilts for my kids beds. It takes a lot of ambition. Good Job!!