Sunday, December 23, 2007

Happy Holidays!

After three long weeks of being lazy with our blog, here we go with another installment of pics. The unfortunate thing is that we don't have any pictures of the really cool things we have done lately. For example, Paul and I went on a date to see a christmas concert by the army national band. Afterwards we walked around downtown DC and saw the white house all lit up at night. We also saw the national christmas tree and yule log. What a great evening to spend with my best friend. It is too bad that we don't have pictures of any of this. We do have some christmas pics of the boys, though...


Aaron is getting so big, and is still quite the smiler. He is also getting some teeth. You can probably see them on the bottom if you look really close. He is also starting the squirmy stage. It is hard to keep him in my arms as he squiggles (is that a word?) this way and that. No crawling yet, but he is getting closer.

Logan is a hoot to have around. When he wants something but is sure I'll probably say no, he brings it up in a matter-of-fact way. He won't look me in the face, but rather looks off to the corner of his vision, and says something like "let's have chocolate, okay?" And he acts like this is a perfectly reasonable request for 7:00 in the morning. It just makes me laugh the way he does it, and then he laughs too. I can then can easily distract him towards oatmeal instead of chocolate for breakfast.

It took a lot of bribing and a few minor tantrums to get the boys to hold still for this picture. Here is another I took that more closely matches the reality of the experience.

I just thought this was comical. Logan thought it was the coolest thing to put the sticker on his forehead. Little did he know what was written on it. He is sure worth a whole lot more than that to me! Our children are truly a priceless treasure to us.

4 comments:

Havilah said...

Your boys are so cute! Sometimes I feel like chocolate at 7:00 in the morning...just put it IN the oatmeal silly.

Aaron and Carissa said...

:) Did it take a few minor tantrums from Paul or Rebecca?

Anonymous said...

Hello elder Rose!!!
Very nice pictures.
I hope you remember me.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

DC Roses said...

Elder Fedyaev, of course I remember you, it has been a long time since Ufa, hope things are well. -Paul