Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving Week

Last week we went to California to visit Rebecca's family for Thanksgiving. But before we left we took some family pictures in beautiful DC while the leaves were still changing. This next one is one of my favorites. Everyone is actually smiling! It was cold that day, so it was had to stop your teeth chattering long enough to snap a shot.



Our time in California was wonderful! We spent a few days each with Rebecca's parents, her brother Scottand his family, and her brother Jeff and fam. And for a special treat, her sister Emily and her family flew out from Idaho to see us! We had such a great time visiting family. I love my siblings sooo much and it was really hard to say goodbye not knowing when I would see them again.
We went on a triple date to the temple. Scott and Kim watched everyone's kids while Jeff and Gina, Tony and Emily, and Paul and I went to the Sacramento Temple. What a neat experience to sit in the temple with my sisters, brothers, and husband. I'll treasure those moments.

At Scott and Kim's house we had the chance to decorate gingerbread houses. It was a competition between the girls, boys, and my family. Our house is in the middle. We won the "most unique" prize, the girls won the "most decorated" prize, and the boys won the "most candy eaten" prize.
In case you're wondering what the pictures below are all about, our gingerbread roof has a message for santa on it.
I bin good
Pleez stop heer!
We had so much fun, and hope it doesn't take so long to see everyone next time.

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

I was hoping you would post soon! I'm so glad that you got to go home for a little while. We are anxious to see family... only two more weeks! Miss you...

Emily said...

Hey, that's ME!!!! I'm on someone else's blog!!! :-)
It was so great to see you guys over Thanksgiving! It is hard leaving family when we don't know when we'll see you guys again. I'm so glad we got to meet Aaron, though. He's such a sweetie!
We certainly love you guys!

Aaron and Carissa said...

You guys are lucky! We wish we could visit home as easily. Looks like you had a blast.

Jessica W said...

Becky!! Oh my goodness, it was great to hear from you. I can't believe you have TWO boys now!! They are adorable, and you look just as beautiful as ever. I hope you are doing well, it has been too long since I've seen you!!

Love,
Jess

PamNoyes said...

I am going into withdrawl, (er spelling) I want more pictures! You all are very photogenic.