Sunday, April 12, 2009

Flying Buzz

Today I am going to tell you a story about Logan and his kite. You will notice that the kite has Logan's favorite character on it.....Buzz Lightyear. Note the tree in the background, it comes into play. This picture was taken after this story.

Last weekend Logan, Aaron, myself(Daddy) and Buzz decided to go to the Iwo Jima Memorial to fly around enjoying the great windy weather while mom was in class. Aaron picked up sticks and ran around like a crazy man, when Logan would yell, "To infinity and beyond,"
at which time Daddy would let go of Buzz and he would leap into the sky truly looking for infinity.

According to Aaron's extensive vocabulary he informed Daddy that "Buzz fly good." Definitely Daddy should have taken note, because after pulling on a string for a while, and knowing that watching a kite for a while is fun, a three year old does get bored. So, what does the three year old do? He desides to give Buzz a little more freedom and let go of the kite handle. Buzz definitely fly good!!! Daddy drops the camera and it is a race.... where too, we are not sure, but Buzz moves much faster than Daddy does.

Thankfully after several hundred yards, Buzz doesn't pay very good attention and runs into this tree. (You will note that this tree had already claimed another victim). Buzz's handle barely caugth on one of the lower branches and Daddy was able to catch him.

Buzz is grounded!!
For how long you may ask? Indefinitly!!
Or until Logan better understands you can't give Buzz too much freedom.

5 comments:

Scanlon Family said...

You guys have been so busy! It's so much fun to see pictures of how big your boys are growing. I'm so sorry your house got trashed, that really hurts, especially after how much work you put into it. Just a few more days until baby time! That's great! Best to you and good luck being short of hands-it's mind boggling the first month or so. But don't worry-it gets easier.

Mike and Leslie said...

That was quite an eventful day for you guys :) Buzz sure does fly good! We're excited to see the new little guy too!

T*town said...

Hey, is the baby here yet?!

Michelle said...

I can't believe how fast your boys are growing up. It seems like we were just talking about what you were going to name Logan. How are you feeling? I can't wait for the announcement.

The Munk Family said...

I found you again! And your pregnant! Oh Rebecca, I am a terrible friend. I can't believe I have missed this whole pregnancy - I'll have to read every post for the last year to catch up. My link got messed up and I thought you stopped having a blog all together. You have no idea how often I think about you and all our fun memories. I'm so sorry for being so negligent. Will you email me your email address so we can catch up? Mine is still aleshajoy@hotmail.com. I can't wait to hear from you. Tell Paul and the boys hello.

Love, Alesha