Monday, September 1, 2008

Paul had a four day weekend, and we thoroughly enjoyed having him around! To make the most of it, we decided to do some more sight seeing. We went to the Holocaust Museum on Saturday, which was a sad but interesting experience. Aaron cried through most of it since he was tired and hungry (never a good combo!) and a lady near us said "go ahead buddy, there's plenty to cry about here." Very true. We also visited several art galleries around the Smithsonian Castle. Logan was the one wh0 cried through this one. None of the art lovers were as sympathetic about it this time around, so we hurried through and made a hasty exit
Here we are in front of the Smithsonian Castle. Neat architecture and lovely gardens. I also like this picture because I feel proud of my mom muscles, being able to carry both boys at once. :-)
Another shot of the castle
Logan is sword-crazy!!! Just ask anyone who speaks for a few moments with him. The first thing bound to come out of this mouth is a request to sword fight (sound familiar grandma and grandpa Rose?). Aaron is finally old enough to somewhat hold his own. They are so funny together.


Paul has been fiddling with the settings on his camera and needed guinea pigs. I have to admit I was rather reluctant. I never realized I was so shy in front of a camera! The boys have no fear though, if they can hold still long enough.

5 comments:

Kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Looks like you had (and with the swords are having) lots of fun. I wish that we could get out to see you and do some sightseeing in DC too.

Becky Slivka said...

I love your life and I think you are so lucky to have so much around you to do. I think you are so brave to take your kids to the art galleries - Isaac had a melt down in the library this week and it's so awesome to be in the middle of a quiet place with screaming kids. You look great and your boys are darling!

Cynthia Lyn said...

Hey, was the museum in DC? I've actuailly been to that one! it was really interesting, and sad. . . but interesting! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Rochelle said...

You look amazing, Rebecca. I'm glad that you were the guinea pig for pictures!