Sunday, November 23, 2008

France Part I

The remainder of our Europe trip was spent in Paris, where we were able to see a bunch of neat things. We visited the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Arc de Triumph, and other amazing sights. We saw a multitude of cathedrals, fountains, statues, etc etc etc. We'll just try to post about the most familiar ones.
Outside the Louvre
Here's the little lady herself, the Mona Lisa! The room was absolutely crowded. I had to elbow my way in to get a shot.
Of course, we had to catch a picture of the final resting place of the holy grail! Where the two pyramids meet. If you're scratching your head, read The DaVinci Code.
Here's another DaVinci code picture. Apparently Silas smashed through this stone (like Paul is pantomiming) to find the next clue to the holy grail.
This was a fantastic cathedral filled with stained glass windows. The lower floor didn't have as many as you see in the picture, but the upper floor was truly stunning to behold!
Pictures just don't do it justice
A statue and a fountain. There were millions here.
And now for the Eiffel Tower. We visited in the day, and at night! During the day, it is pretty neat.....
...but at night, it is Amazing!!! I never knew the Eiffel Tower glowed blue at night. And every hour, it would start to shimmer and sparkle with white lights. It made it look like it was covered with glitter!

The underside of the tower. Kind of blurry, but still impressive.

3 comments:

Scanlon Family said...

It looks like you had a great time in Paris. Did you have to wade through a bunch of people to get to the Mona Lisa? I did when I was there. And congratulations on another boy-but I could have told you that. Jason said if we were blessed with 3 girls, and you are expecting then is HAS to be a boy. Balance everywhere. :) Congratulations and good luck on finding a name. We didn't decided until after we had Kyra. A few days before delivery I made a list of all the names I liked and took them to the hospital-though we sort of thought we'd be naming her Paige. Funny how stuff works out. Anyway-enough rambling, we're very happy for you and maybe we'll need to trade for a day-my girls LOVE to get their toe and finger nails painted and Jason wants to play with swords and wrestle.

Becky Slivka said...

I am so jealous, I love France and I wish we could go - with kids and all. We actually did take Zoey when we went to Denmark to visit my parents. I'm so glad you got to go and have such a fun trip.

Kate said...

is there a france part 2, or am I just being impatient?